Translate

Meet Belize’s Rising Reggae Artist: Phynxxx

 

Belizean reggae artist Phynxxx, known offstage as Jeremy Lizama, combines Caribbean influences with heartfelt lyrics to create a sound that resonates with his audience. As he gears up for the release of new tracks, Phynxxx shares insights into his music style and creative process.



Growing up in Belize, Phynxxx has been profoundly influenced by the rhythms and vibes of his surroundings. “I try to keep it as real as I can,” he shares. His music celebrates Belizean culture, blending traditional reggae elements with local sounds that make his work distinctively authentic.

Phynxxx draws inspiration from reggae legends like Gregory Isaacs, whose smooth delivery and heartfelt lyrics have shaped his musical journey. In an interview with News 5, he cited his latest track, “New Day,” produced by his brother. “That one just reached another level for me… the sky’s been the limit since,” he explains, emphasising how it encapsulates uplifting themes of new beginnings and positive energy.



TAP ON IMAGE TO GO THERE


Phynxxx approaches songwriting as a meditative experience, often freestyling to find the right flow. “I consider myself more of a guide,” he explained, adding, “I tend to just put myself into a mode or a meditation.” With a growing listener engagement, Phynxxx says his writing process has shifted to more intentional messaging: “Now, I have to know what I’m saying and what I’m influencing; what are they going to listen to when I’m singing? So I try to keep it uplifting and positive.”


TAP ON IMAGE TO VISIT ARTIST'S  OFFICIAL WEBSITE


He candidly shared his early struggles, emphasizing that even the most talented artists face doubts and setbacks. His breakthrough song, “Only One,” which recently gained traction on platforms like TikTok, serves as a reminder that success can come unexpectedly. “You just got to work… Don’t stop. No matter what you hear or how you feel, if this is what you love, you don’t stop,” he shared, encouraging young artists to believe in their potential and keep pushing forward, regardless of challenges.




____________________________________